Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fresh Snow

 Gardening Bloggers Bloom Day January 2011. Thank You Carol,  (May Dreams Gardens) for hosting.
I might not have any blooms but I think the Winter Garden is still beautiful.


I visited a beautiful blog this morning  from Darla at More Family and Flowers. It really gave me a case of spring fever, way to early for that, in this next of the woods…  But it did inspire me to take some pictures of my garden this morning.


IMG_7789

4 inches of the soft fluffy snow fell over night.  At least it’s easy to shovel , light as a feather.


IMG_7791

Guess the birds won’t be drinking out of this bird bath any time soon.



IMG_7800

or this one !!!



IMG_7792

They might take shelter in here .


IMG_7795



IMG_7796




IMG_7797

You can see how soft this snow is , you can just blow it away. That’s because it was only 9 degrees this morning when I was taking these pics. My fingers were freezing even with gloves . Guess it’s an age thing, circulation slows down to the extremities when you get older ……….



IMG_7798

Well,I  guess the kids are hungry ,they think whenever I’m out side , it’s to feed them .



IMG_7801

They certainly don’t look like they need to eat. Check out those fat bellies.



IMG_7810

That’s little Alice behind the snowman. My granddaughter named her after a character in “ Twilight”. Her brother is Emmet. That’s Nat behind her. We also have Starbright, Hunter, Daisy, Zoey and Willy.  The snowman is on a timer so we have light when we need to feed the goats in the dark.



2011_01_141

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
God Bless,
Lynda

3 comments:

  1. Hello Lynda, so many beautiful images of the fluffy stuff! We received almost the exact same amount of light snow, and I can only imagine what will happen when the wind picks up.

    Your little goat herd is adorable! They don't look like the snow bothers them one little bit.

    Thank you for sharing these images, Lynda and hope you have a great weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your snow shots. I too live in the snow for almost 6 months some years. If you enjoy snow and have a little time, drop by to see my series on the Falls in winter. Loads of scenery at Niagara Falls. Loved your goats. Such little cuties.

    ReplyDelete