Sunday, August 28, 2011

Second blooming

for my gerbera daisies.  Such pretty flowers. My sister bought me a planter with these flowers in April. They were blooming then, but the flowers had much taller stems and larger blooms the second time around.
IMG_8048
IMG_8045IMG_8050
This picture was taken when they were 1/2 their height. They were just amazing , unfortunately I didn’t get a picture at their full height.The yellow plant had over 8 blooms.  Now they are getting ready to bloom for the third time. I  really tried hard this year to remember to water daily , some days twice. I watered from the bottom  and they seemed to like that better. 


I am going to show you what I think is the most amazing self seeding annual in my next post!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pink one-I'm such a sucker for that color. I didn't realize they were such prolific bloomers. I'll have to try one next spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lyn, I've missed you! So is that the secret to growing gerbera daisies, bottom watering? I've just never had luck with them and yet adore the flower, I love how they are so perfect they look fake almost. You know how to treat them right, that's obvious; look at the bloom and rebloom! Just beautiful. I can't wait to see your next post.

    ReplyDelete