Sunday, August 15, 2010

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day




 Wow, my first Garden Bloggers Bloom Day This is a whole new world for me .I stumbled upon Carol's site about 2 months ago when I was searching the web for different annuals.I found Annie's Annuals and from there a link to Carol's web site. ( Note ,I just found out how to link in my text , this really is exciting )

I never knew this gardening blog world existed.When I was on the computer , I was playing Farmville ( a thing of the past now, no more time for planting virtual crops,when I can travel the world looking at the real thing). It's wonderful to tour all the gardens and you can go on forever from one link to another.

I knew I had to try this blogging thing, I have always taken pictures of my gardens, so over time I will post some "from the beginning" pictures.

Through trial and error ,I posted a few pictures last month.( If anyone has suggestions for me about blogging and how to improve my site, it would be deeply appreciated.)

For a little history about my gardens, for now I only plant flowers , shrubs or in others words nothing edible. I am very fortunate that my 83 year old dad grows ample veggies for his whole family.

So here it goes ...... here's what blooming in my garden  August 15th 2010.

 
 I have a bog garden at he foot of the pond where I have this Ligularia planted .


I bought a flat of jumbo white impatients in May and they are still look great ( if I don't forget to water them) Fortunately when I have missed  watering they have recovered .



I started these Rubeckia ( Irish Eyes ) in the house from seed . 




The Echinacea and Rubeckia  have some blooms left .



Cleome


The lady that gave me this plant called it "the chicken coop plant "cause the 6 foot height hide the chicken coop.I did know the actual name but have since forgotten. : (




French Hollyhock (malva sylvestris ) My dad give me this plant many years ago , it reseeds and come  back faithfully every year. The only problem I 've had is, " the rabbits love it". Since my son's dog Onnie is staying with us tho,no more rabbits,so this year they are getting to be hugh plants.




Well that 's the pictures I've taken. Hope you enjoy . Now I need to link this to Carols page, thanks so much Carol for this opportunity.You can see  the really impressive gardens at Carol's site 

6 comments:

  1. Lyn,

    Welcome to GBBD. Isn't it wonderful to get a peak inside so many fantastic gardens? I always find some new 'must have' plants. I love your pink cleome. I have a white one in my post today and I absolutely love it. I am hoping it will reseed itself but I do plan to plant some pink ones next year regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world and to Bloom day. Your blooms look great. And glad you found Annie's Annuals (a local staple here).

    ReplyDelete
  3. aloha lyn,

    welcome to your first garden bloom day, you have some beautiful blooms you are sharing with us today, i love the white and yellow combinations.

    one helpful hint, since you asked for photo help is to fill up the frame with your flowers/plants so you can eliminate unecessary background. on my next post, i'll be giving some photo hints so come and visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to a neighbor to the north, from an east central Wisconsin garden!
    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're in very very different zones - I'm in 8b near the Gulf Coast - but I see we have some plants in common, especially Rudbeckia and Echinacea, some of my summer stand-bys. Your garden is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, everything looks great! I particularly like the neat little garden with the rudbeckia and the dark foliage in the background.

    ReplyDelete