Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day

Please link to Carol At May Dreams Gardens for September  Garden Bloggers Bloom day.

 I was thinking about taking some pictures earlier this month but thought that might be cheating. Sooooooooo  I grabbed my camera  and went out this morning , (a chilly 38 degrees) .Walking around the garden  there were more flowers that I thought.  First of all is this beautiful annual rudbeckia. Do the blooms count if I just bought the plant last week ? : )  Hope so, cause it's too beautiful not to show.



The white impatiens still looks good, but the first frost is coming soon.


I pulled lots of my Obedience plant out cause it was crowding the Autumn Joy sedum ,but left a few. Of course there will be more than a few next year, sure does spread.



 Autumn Joy sedum
















The blue delphinium is blooming again after being cut back. It was over 6 feet tall  in June, the second blooms were only about 2 ft tall.














I love the airy look of gaura. This container had gaura planted in it last year.  It reseeded itself this year. Lucky me, I didn't have to buy more plants this year ,had more than enough for several containers.












New guinea impatiens still looks great.


















The birds planted these sunflowers for me. Guess they appreciated all the seeds I shared with them.

















The morning dew on  the fall aster.






I have a few more bloomers, but will post them another time.
Have a great day and a special thanks to Carol for hosting the Garden Bloggers Bloom Day.
God bless, Lynda

2 comments:

  1. Like the looks of your New guinea impatiens - quite eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynda, I have tried posting comments so many times, with no success, I WISH I knew what I was doing wrong??? but just in case this works, let me tell you your garden looks wonderful!! Such a pretty aster!

    ReplyDelete