Saturday, September 4, 2010

This and That

This sure is going to be a great weekend to work  play in the garden. At least  according to the weather man.  We had lots of rain the last couple of days,after a very dry August,so the ground is very workable. There are many perennials to trans plant.They have grown to big for my garden, so I am moving them.

I will move the mallow to a new border bed.


I also want to move some wild rosebushes. I keep cutting them back where they are now so I am moving them to new bed where they can grow" the bigger the better". This picture was taken last summer, it's a  lot taller this year.



Now for a little of "that". I want to show you some of my garden decorations.

I made this crane a few years ago.My husbands has a metal fabricating business so I have access to welders. I actually worked for him for a few years 15years ago.So I can weld a little. I wanted to make my sister a special 50th birthday present ,so I had to make one for me too.: )

Everyone  was sells Home Interior candle votives at garage sales for 10 to 25 cents so I bought lots.My husband gave me a coil of copper tubing that he had, so I made some ever blooming tulips.



A garden angel made her appearance last summer from my pile of metal scrape.



 Love blue glass , so of course I have to put in my gardens. The bubbles are drawer pulls.






  A friendly garden spider made from a hay fork  that was in my dad's barn. The body is a metal spring.



Just a couple more pictures. I will have to save the rest for another time ,cause the sun is now shining and I hear my garden calling.






Have a blessed day,  Lynda

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Lynda, we have a LOT in common! I love your welded garden art pieces, how you have made them so lifelike that they fit right in with their surroundings. The crane is beautiful. So are the tulips and the little bug, and the big spider-- it is ALL amazing!

    My husband's dad owns an ornamental iron business (makes railings for houses, iron, etc) so my DH makes things for the garden all the time, too. I've tried welding but can't say it's my strong suit, ha.

    I so admire your artistic talent, Lynda!

    Have a good day in the garden, that's where I'll be, too (I have a garden club touring on Tuesday, oh dear, do I have WORK to do to get it ready! sigh-but much better than house-cleaning, lol)

    Til next time,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete